3.31.2013

Easter Carrot Cake

"They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus."-Luke 24:2-3



I may  have a thing for holidays and have them be those days on which I remember my hobbies. Like bloggin' and cooking...Oh well, I could tell you the whole story about the whys I abandoned this blog, but that would require you grab a cup of coffee and bare with me while I drown in this thing we call a pity-party.

Sometimes, things are just difficult. "In this world you will have trouble.But take heart! I have overcome the world.”-John 16:35 I haven't had the easiest of lives, although I understand a lot of other people have had it worst. This is the season I am in: no "official" job, barely having an income and well,  seeking for a place to live.



But I always have the Lord, whom tells me I am never Fatherless, never "homeless" and NEVER alone. And then I have an awesome boyfriend, a godly man who knows how to hold my hand and say, I am with you and I will not leave you alone in this. And then, there is baking carrot cake and that puts a smile on everyone's face.
























I won't take credit for this carrot cake recipe, I mean she posted it first. But heads up, I did use heavy whipping cream instead of buttermilk, a 1.5 cup of sugar for the frosting instead of 3-4 cups and dark chocolate sprinkles instead of grated coconut for garnishing. Oh! and the assembly idea is from an iPad app called Dash Eggs!

¡Buen provecho!

-/kath.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment